29 June 2013

28th June - Fixed the Tex Magna and steering lock tweaked


INDICATOR FIX
On the Series 2 forum and in the latest 'Built to last' the forum member Xenocide came up with the ingenious idea of using a sink plug to replace the original self cancelling rubber wheel on the Tex-Magna indicator stalk on the S2. Well mine like most had perished and the thought that I could fix this for pence caught my attention.

Original forum thread here ---> http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/index.php/topic,63762.msg589971.html#msg589971

Well I beat the original cost and picked up a new sink plug for 22p! Though it was white but if it works what do I care?





Read the forum link for the whole method but it works..and works well. I cannot believe I have a 47 year old truck with self cancelling indicators, very RnR?

STEERING LOCK
Shuffling the 109 around in the confines of the local recycling center this week provoked a comment from one ex-squaddy of 60's vintage that he didn't remember the lock being that bad. Driving back home I had a thought.

I set the steering lock stops for the original 7.50 Goodyear Wranglers. I now have 7.50 Michelin XZL which are narrower. Having a shufty I realised I could crank another 1/4" off each stop which improves the barge like manouvering of the 109 a little...but not a lot. Every little improvement is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment