28 March 2009

March 28th

Well I am off up to Bomag's later today to take another proper look at his spare B/H but his pics show the footwells are shot (no worries) and the feet are non-existent.

Now the existing bulkhead is 100% around the feet so it may be possible to make a mutant from both but do I want the hassle? Originally I planned to restore one B/H ready for the major overhaul /chassis swap. But to have to remove one/strip/chop etc. adds a tonne of work.

Still persuing alternative chassis prices (Truck Utility 109" GS RHD combat chassis) other than Richards - which limits it to Designa, but they seem to be a bit elusive? I sent a request out 5-7 days ago via their web page and have heard nowt. So now followed that up with an email requesting a price in galv and black for comparison. The only downside of galv from them is, I believe, they do not clear the threads after galv and they would need retapping? I don't have many BSP/Whit taps.

Probably will have a dabble with the steering linkage later and swap the TRE's ready for them to go into storage and maybe POR15 the little storage box from under the pass wing that I repaired last week.

One complete set of jobs are the two underseat fuel tanks :)




Designa have come back. They no longer manufacture 109" leaf sprung chassis!

No comments:

Post a Comment