09 March 2009

March 9th - Start POR15 on the fuel tanks

Decision time! Now anything is patchable but how long will it last if I do? Do I say stuff it and blow a load of cash and do a slow but thorough job first time or patch and fiddle then have to do it again further on down the road? I need to look at costs and availability of a whole new 109 chassis!

After a week or so's investigation I discover that the only manufacturer of 109 chassis is now Richard's Chassis. They came back with a price of £1800 for a galv chassis - delivered. Overall I don't think that is too bad though £10 would have sounded nicer?

Fuel tanks were both POR15 coated inside today and the excess used over the outside of each tank. Shame to waste it after all? Now to leave them until next weekend then they can be painted with black smoothrite, once dry they can be assembled and stored - somewhere.



Smiths heater now reassembled and packed away too.

No comments:

Post a Comment