21 July 2009

21st July - Richards ARE still in business

Well it seems Richard's are still in business after both an inquiry on the S2 forum .....and then an email from Richards I recieved on my Co. mail yesterday.

http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29321.0

A bit worrying for a while though and I still cannot see why on earth they didn't have someone manning the pumps so to speak even while they were at Billing et al?

Todays further challenge was to try and get the steering relay re-assembled. I have always heard the stories that the spring will 'take your head off!' and similar but to be honest when I split it apart a few weeks back sticking an old sock over the end and tapping the shaft assy through worked fine - for stripping down.

NOTE - Once sock is used then wash and give to the puppy to gnaw on ;)

So my issue now is how to compress the spring in such a way so the spring split collets can then be fitted and the whole shaft assy fitted into the relay body?

http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29321.new#new

No comments:

Post a Comment