17 July 2013

17 July 2013 - POR15 in da tank!

Well I arrived home to find the pint of POR15 tank seal from Frosts sitting on the doorstep. So I thought I had better get that poured in. Cure time is around 96 hours so the earlier I get that coated up the better?

The first FUBAR was to pour 500 ml of epoxy coating into the tank through the filler port AND LEAVE THE DAMN DRAIN PLUG OFF! Luckily the funnel spout I placed through the filler port is not over the drain but I still lost around 50-60 ml which ran over the garden table and then onto the patio tiles. Well at least they will never leak?

The remaining coating was mainly left to settle on the dubious rear wall of the tank and the joint around it. I never had to drain any excess off. What with the premature 'draining' at the start the entire tin was used to re-coat the interior of the tank over the existing coating. Now to wait for it to set, which with the thickness I have laid up will be around Sunday I should think!?

After 4 hours the coating seems to have spread out evenly so it appears that my cleaning regime with Tescos budget bio auto washing powder may have worked? After all I have coated it once before so the full POR15 'kit' would have been overkill.


No comments:

Post a Comment