19 February 2009

Feb 19th

Well we have actually managed to move on a bit now and a friend has donated a good screen (with good glass), another fuel tank (not underseat fill though) and a few wheels and sundries. So at least I have a tank to check over then see if I can mod it to underseat fill?

Front axle now complete and we seem to have some brake feel after using the Easibleed. Time will tell once it is rolling whether they work OK - but it looks good. New dampers on and it looks tidy too.




Also drained the steering box while I was under there (some metal filings came out! Need to look at this later). So reassembled and refilled with fresh EP90 for now. I wondered why the old lube I had collected smelt very coffee like and pondered what it had been filled with before. Then realised I had used a coffee jar to collect it in - duuuh.

A new issue which I will have to deal with at some point (just like the bulkhead) is the front rad panel. Corrosion looks too far gone for new steel to be let in without some intricate fabrication so is a better replacement required?



Rest of the afternoon will be spent checking over this new gas tank I have aquired. Will it hold water....mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment