17 September 2009

17th September - 300tdi turbo trial fit

Arrived home tonite at 1930 to find the 300tdi Disco turbo assembly had arrived inc. the oil pipework - as requested from the Ebay seller. Good guy and at £90 delivered it seems a bargain.

Does it fit? Here are a few pics.


From the pics the downpipe clearance is tight against the LH/passenger side engine mount but with a few mods the 300tdi Defender downpipe will clear it. The next issue if I get that sorted is the exh. pipe route. At the moment it looks as if the pipe will foul the crossmember behind the engine flywheel casing which I guess is due to the different heights that Defender mounts would position the block? I also need to find out what route a 110 200/300tdi exhaust run would take so I need to do a Google or ask the question and if I can rotate the turbo outlet to put it in the vertical position?
Another plus point is that both turbo oil feed pipes fit the block without any issue. So no worries in that dept. I just need new copper washers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting all this great information!!

    I'm getting ready to install a 300tdi turbo on a 200tdi block and the information/pics were very helpful!

    ReplyDelete