01 November 2013

31 October 2013 - Mintex shoes now on rear

After cleaning the shoes up the other day they went back to their old games of locking as I backed out in the morning again a few days later. So the new Mintex shoes arrived from P'dcks today and I decided to fit them in between rainstorms.

They went on without too much of a hitch (other than I fitted trailing shoes on one side and leading on the other initially) and adjusted up easily. The old shoes were always a PITA to set-up and I think the snail cams were jumping off the pins on the shoes?

With the new shoes I no longer have the need to do a quick short pump on the pedal before a good hard stomp. They are now ready to go on the first press which echoes my thoughts above. The back now locks up good a solid every time!

From now on I will stick with Mintex for Series brake shoes. The cost difference is <£5 an axle ! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment