05 February 2012

4th February 2012 - 200tdi will not fire

TOO BL**DY COLD TO START!?

After a full week of -3 to -9 Deg.C and Trigger just sitting and going no-where I decided I needed Trig's to haul a kingsize mattress down to the tip.

Last weekend I rigged up a feed just from the dieso tank before I do the full Pevekoil valve mods. I also had to charge the battery for around an hour before the engine would turn over fast enough to kick. After the weeks weather it was even more reluctant this time and I gave up after 10 minutes. The engine was so could it had frost over the whole block!

In the end I put the battery on a charge overnite and this morning it was down to 1 Ampere. Fired on the second press of the starter :)

The issue is both one of temperature and I expect the fact that Trig's hasn't done enough mileage to force sufficient charge into the battery. Now assuming the battery is OK (blue top Bosch around 5 years old) I will stick a 'smart' charger from the bike on for a few days and see how that goes. It should show whether there are any battery issues?


OTHER

Not much has happened with the Pevekoil mods. I have the material for the bracket ready to cut and form then there are the holes in the bulkhead to blank from the hand valves.....and the electrikery changes. All this before the valves go in and the pipework connected up.

Front slidey window seals replaced for a bargain rpice opf £7 - delivered.


And the mattress ended up in the log trailer being towed by the boingy (which gives me another job...the trailers electrics are dodgy!) Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment