02 December 2009

Slow, slow, slow...........29th November - Mirrors/rad panel back

Rain, rain ,rain! It's all it seems to be doing (gales excepted) and it is holding me up big time.

I have been fiddling with more small parts in the garage but even in here it gets damp and with too much rain it manages to work it's way through. A PITA basically!

Next stage of challenges to face:-

  • Get the brake pipe system finished (waiting for flexi mounting for the front hubs from 'SmokeyIIA' plus the fittings on the servo m/c and Lucas shuttle valve are not 3/8UNF or 10mm fine?)
  • Waxoyl the chassis and bulkhead
  • Manufacture/fit a plate for the fuel filter/FPHE
  • Still waiting for the LWB rims to come back from tyre stripping so I can get them off for blasting...
  • Exhaust! - just heard Parker's are looking into an exhaust system for 2 others. He now has a third!

MIRRORS
As a complete diversion I started looking at the door mirrors. Now the hole size on the top hinge is around 5/8" and the mirrors that came with Trigger have a shaft diameter around 1/2". So big washers were the order of the day but Mark had relocated the mirrors to the strengthened wings anyway.

So what should actually be fitted? So I started a thread here to find out ---> http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31814.0;topicseen

Long way to go until I need them but I will keep my eye out for the 'proper' sprung arms. Until then I can use the current ones and washers.


RAD PANEL
One piece of good news was that Lyn at Ashtree called to say the rad panel is complete and ready for collection around the middle of next week.

Well it is now back from Ashtree and here it is......before



....and after



A darn sight better than it was before Lyn got hold of it! There is a slight twist that I need to straighten out but it looks easy enough to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment